The tingly feeling of being newlywed is unparalleled to any other. If you have friends who are about to marry soon, you can attest that it is a joy to be in their company. It is always a fun idea to put their knowledge of each other to the test.
You can easily do it by playing the newlywed game. Most people play this game before a couple ties the knot. You can break away from the flock and even play it after they get married.
How to Play Newlywed Question Game?
In this game, the friends of the couple prepare questions for each person. The questions are designed to test how much the person knows the other. In order to execute it flawlessly at an event, you need to line up a couple of things.
- Ask both individuals if they would be comfortable with this game being played publicly at an event.
- Appoint a host that the couple loves and has a flair for showmanship.
- Get your questions in order beforehand.
Before you start firing the questions, make sure to explain how the game works. The couple would be guessing their significant other's answers. If they answer correctly, they get the point.
The person with the most points at the end of the game will be the winner. If you wish to make it enjoyable, award the winner and punish the loser.
Keep the game friendly by also including questions that do not pit the couple against each other. The questions should only aim to provide a deeper look into the couple. They can also be a way for the couple to share a bit of themselves with their loved ones.
Questions to Ask
Since you would be asking these questions in a public setting like a bridal shower or bachelor/bachelorette party, make sure they are tasteful. To keep everyone interested, it is a good idea to have different categories of questions.
Ice Breaker Questions For Newlywed Game
These are the questions that you ask to ease the audience into the game. The icebreaker questions work well for the couple as they get familiar with the game. You can add more to the list as long as they are easily breezy.
1. When did you have your first date?
Important dates in a relationship are important to remember. Tease the couple to see if they can conjure up the actual date for their first romantic get-together. Throw in a one-liner for fun so that people who remember this fact truly love their significant other.
2. Who is the one that says “I love you” the most?
The chances are that both people will say that they express their love the most. Still, probe to see who frequently says the three magic words the most in a day.
3. Where did you guys first meet?
It is surprising how many couples get this answer wrong. Granted, it doesn't mean that their love isn't as alive as anyone else's. Get each person to name the exact place where they first met.
Fun Questions For Newlywed Game
These questions are asked when it is time to liven up the party. It is time to let out the secrets. When this round is being played, people should be giggling and red-faced. The goal is to make sure that the couple and viewers are thoroughly enjoying themselves.
1. Who is the messiest out of the both of you?
People who are messy often don't revel in the title. There is a possibility that they might try to duck out of it. They can point the finger toward the other person. Goad both of them to give examples of the other person's messiness.
2. What is their most embarrassing memory?
Fiances/fiancees have the most information on each other. Tell them to have no fear and spill the most embarrassing incidents. You never know what you can get. It can be something small like one of them peeing in a pool. It could even be something juicy like wearing funny clothes to a formal event.
3. What is their silliest habit?
Does their significant other prance around the house? Do they sing in a high-pitched voice? Humans can be immensely silly, but it provides for humourous content. Ask each of them to name one silly habit of the other individual.
Yes or No Questions Only
This round of questions might get over quickly as the couple can only reply with yes or no. It doesn't mean that it has to be dreary. Dredge up intense or head-scratchers. The answer choices might seem simple, but you can make the questions complicated.
1. Do you love your spouse/spouse to be more than they love you?
It is cute to see couples play-fight over who loves whom the most. Ask them to take a pause, really think, and answer the question honestly. It is hard to accept that someone loves you more than you love them. Remind them that it would be flattering to their significant other if they say no.
2. Would they make all kinds of sacrifices for you?
People in love claim to make all kinds of claims. They often say that they would even give up their life for their loved ones. Your question can make them think deeply. Urge them to be honest. If they answer yes, their love for their partner will increase at that moment.
3. Would you trade your spouse for your celebrity crush?
This is your chance to bring a light-hearted question to the round. Even if their crush is Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston, nobody will trade their boo. As tempting as it might be, the majority will answer no.
Be the romance fairy godparent and sprinkle a little love in the air. Stir their love and bring it out in the open with some romantic questions. As it is a newlyweds game, it is essential to keep the love flowing. Instruct them to turn towards each other and look into each other's eyes as they answer the questions.
1. What is the most romantic gesture your partner has done for you?
Everyone would want to get the deets about the couple's romantic tales. Take this as your chance to give the audience what they want. It will also make the couple appreciate each other more.
2. What did you love the most about your proposal?
Proposal stories never get old. Every proposal is beautiful in its way. Ask each of them the parts of the proposal that they remember most fondly. Tell them not to be shy and go into details.
3. What is the best date that you guys have ever had?
Fair warning: they might have different answers to this question. Ask what made that specific date the best for them. Lower their guard down and ask how each of them behaved on the date.
Since it will be a safe space, you can get a little personal with the questions. As long as you confirm the questions with the couple beforehand, this segment of the game should be soul-enriching for everyone involved.
1. Where did you have your first kiss?
The above might be an age-old question but still exudes love. A first kiss is the start of a beautiful fairy tale. It is a magical act, and you can bring out that enchantment with this simple question of yours.
2. What was the time you realized that your partner was your soulmate?
Listen intently as each of them narrates the wholesome memory. Watch as the newlywed's story entrances everyone who is present there. Allow them to take over the room as they each share their story.
3. Who is the better kisser?
In the spirit of keeping it PG, you don't need to go into the details of this question. Everyone loves to boast that they are the best kisser, so let's see how the couple fares.
More Interesting Questions
- What is the one thing that you admire most about your partner?
- What was the most romantic thing your partner has ever done for you?
- What is your partner's favorite hobby?
- What is the one thing that you could not live without knowing about your partner?
- What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day?
- What is the best gift you have ever received from your partner?
- How did you two meet?
- What is the one thing that you both enjoy doing together?
- What is the most meaningful thing that you both have said to each other?
- What is the best piece of advice your partner has ever given you?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your spouse has ever done in public?
- What is your spouse's favorite movie that you can't stand?
- What is your spouse's most annoying habit?
- If you could change one thing about your spouse what would it be?
- What is the strangest food your spouse has ever eaten?
- What was your spouse's worst fashion trend of all time?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your spouse has ever said?
- If your spouse could only have one food for the rest of their life, what would it be?
- What is the most awkward moment you and your spouse have ever experienced together?
- What is the funniest prank your spouse has ever pulled on someone else?
The key to being the best host of this game is to keep it light. No need to make it too competitive. You ought to remember that you all would be there to celebrate the couple. Your job would be to make everyone laugh and fall in love with love itself.