Quotes can be simple yet powerful at the same time. In reality, they are just a bunch of words but when given some thought, they can help you see the world from a whole different lens.
Short quotes, in particular, give you the ability to concentrate on one single idea with no distractions. In fact, keeping it short and simple can make what you’re saying extra powerful and memorable.
These hundred-plus short quotes will leave you touched and thrilled with power.
We hope these quotes will give you a boost when you need them the most. So let’s start with powerful one-liners.
“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”Malala Yousafzai
Short Quotes About Courage and Power
The quotes below will give you a perspective of how we only have one life, let's live it with optimum utilization of our talents, skills, capabilities, and creativity.
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” –Malala Yousafzai
- “You are as powerful as you trust yourself.” –Meir Ezra
- “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” –Janice Trachtman
- “It is the curse of the powerful to be blind to their own faults.” –Robert Fanney
- “No one becomes powerful in this universe alone” –Meir Ezra
- “Powerful words harmonize heart and mind as if a symphony.” –Toba Beta
- “Don't underestimate the power of a mind that is made up.” Miya Yamanouchi
- Maybe the greatest power of all is the power of restraint.” Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “You are as powerful as you are willing to cause motion.” –Meir Ezra
- “When you choose to be authentic, you dare to be powerful.” Anothon St. Maarten
- “Watch your words, they are powerful. Speak life into what you wish for” –Charmine J. Forde
- “There are only two most powerful situations- being so small that you have nothing to lose and being so big that you don't care what you lose!” –Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “Stop hiding, stop pretending that you are not as powerful as you are. Stop lying to yourself.” –Meir Ezra
- “You only feel powerless because your fear has given your power to the object of your fear. Once you realize this, you can claim it back.” –Kamand Kajouri
- “If you want to know how powerful you are, count the times you’ve been punched or whacked by life. This only happens to powerful people.” Meir Ezra
- “Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape.” –Charles Dickens
- “If you are powerful enough, you can bang a nail only at one stroke!” –Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Words are powerful, so use every word wisely to create a better world.” –Gift Gugu Mona
- “Belief is not blind faith - belief is a powerful act of magic.” –Theun Mares
- “Courage is taking calculated risks and facing intimidation in the eye. It is one of the most attractive things a person in power will have.” –Kailin Gow
- “What is fear but that ‘thing’ that we believed to be as powerful as it pretended to be.” –Craig D. Lounsbrough
Hope and Faith Quotes
It is definitely true "When one door closes another door opens". But have you ever observed whenever you find yourself in rush, something as simple as a door staying open for a split second can be the difference between a sigh of relief or a sigh of grief?
That's where faith and hope come in. Learn to have faith that things will work out in the end. As John Lennon said "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay it's not the end."
- “Hope in the shadow of fear is the world's most powerful motivator.” –Neal Shusterman
- “Faith in God will elevate you to next level blessings.” –Germany Kent
- “Dreams live as long as the dreamers do” –Noor Unnahar
- “In darkness, you only need to see just as far as you headlights extend. As long as you keep going, it is enough.” –Alexandra Bracken
- “Where others see nothing, faith will make you see something powerful.” –Gift Gugu Mona
- “God is so gracious, because powerful as He is, He still gave us a free will; to choose what we want and how we want it.” –Gift Gugu Mona
- “What a lovely bit of light to change an entire perspective of an experience. So powerful, so subtle and so pure in nature that I can’t argue it away.” –Lanna Marshall
- “No matter what happens no matter how far you seem to be from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Continue to persist and persevere.” –Brad Gast
- “A baby is the most powerful person on earth, for they are born with the power of pure love and precious hope.” –Apollo
- “The tree drops its fruits for those who throw stones at it. Still, in spite of the vulnerability that is seen on the surface, nature remains all powerful.” –Sanchita Pandey
- “God’s favour is powerful. His favour can move a peasant from poverty to a palace.” –Gift Gugu Mona
Self-Love and Self-Care Quotes
Loving and respecting your own self is important because it lays the foundation for creating a life of purpose and fulfillment. It is also key to living a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
These quotes can help you to recognize and celebrate your own unique strengths, and to practice self-care, compassion, and acceptance.
- “The greatest rebellion is loving yourself in a world trying to sabotage your light.” –Nikki Rowe
- “Your happiness is very powerful. Never waste it.” –Adrienne Posey
- “As human beings, we crave light. We find sunrises and sunsets and bright moon beautiful and calming.” –Kamal Ravikant
- “Life is the thing you bring with you inside your own head” –Sally Rooney
- “There is nothing powerful than self-beliefs” –Kalpesh Radadiya
- “Don’t speak badly about yourself even if it’s a joke. Words are POWERFUL.” –Rachel D. Greenwell
- “Be acceptive of your shortcomings, once you accept your weakness, it loses its power over you.” –Sarvesh Jain
- “To find your perfect relationship you have to first learn to love your own company.” –Steven Aitchison
- “Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings” –Simona Panova
- “Stop trying to 'fix' yourself; you're NOT broken! You are perfectly imperfect and powerful beyond measure.” –Steve Maraboli
- “Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness” –H. Jackson Brown
- “There is no institution more powerful than the institution of the mind – your mind.” –Naide P Obang
- “When we liberate ourselves from the opinion of others, we become genuinely powerful.” –Avijeet Das
- “It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” –Germany Kent
- “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” Shannon L. Alder
- “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. It is in this relationship that you set the standard for all others.” –Steve Maraboli
- “Don't let someone treat you like shit or you're just one of many options,' Know your worth...'Remember!, One of The most powerful thing about time is...it CHANGES..' everything! that defines you' ” –Napz Cherub Pellazo
- “It’s not your thoughts but it’s your beliefs that create your reality. So by investing in yourself, you have set a very powerful framework in motion, by believing in yourself and creating your own reality” –Adimulam Vijaya Bhaskar Rao
- “The scars of what had happened were still there, not glued together to try to minimise the appearance of them, but glowing with thin rivulets of gold - more beautiful for having once been broken.” Alexandra Bracken
- “You must never settle for someone who is not willing to swim in your tormented seas. You are worthy of more than they are willing to give” –Rhiley Jade
Short Quotes About Kindness
You must have heard all your life how one act of kindness goes a long long way. It's a boomerang, when shared it grows. Every bit of kindness we put out into the world comes back in some way.
I hope the quotes on kindness below begin a trend of kindness in your life.
- “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.” –Rick Riordan
- “Bless a stranger with a small, yet powerful, random act of kindness.” –T.F.Hodge
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” –Plato
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.”-Anne Frank
- “Be a little kinder than you have to.” –E. Lockheart
- “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” –J. K. Rowling
- “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” –Ernest Hemingway
- “Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people.” –Roy T. Bennett
- “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” Henry James
- “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” –Mark Twain
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” –Desmand Tutu
- “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” –R. J. Palacio
- “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” –Khalil Gibran
- “We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.” –Ray Bradbury
- “To improve your looks, to feel powerful and inspire others; just SMILE” –Val Uchendu
- “There’s something powerful in that kind of love, something that deserves to be kindled and tended to, even when its embers are flickering dangerously close to darkness.” –Kerri Maniscalo
- “Be nice to people... maybe it'll be unappreciated, unreciprocated, or ignored, but spread the love anyway. We rise by lifting others.” –Germany Kent
- “Reach out and help others. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. Be a vessel, be the change, be the difference, or be the inspiration. Shine your light as an example. The world needs more of that.” –Germany Kent
- “What can be more powerful than looking at people around you and understanding that by being kind, loving and helpful towards them, you are also being kind, loving and helpful towards yourself.” –Dee Waldeck
Short Quotes About Knowledge
All of us began growing up with "Knowledge is Power". It truly is, read the few quotes below to understand how exactly knowledge is power.
- “Knowledge always has the potential to be dangerous. It is a more powerful weapon than any sword or spell.” –Margaret Rogerson
- “Easily mistaken, it is not about a love for adversity, it is about knowing a strength and a faith so great that adversity, in all its adverse manifestations, hardly even exists.” –Criss Jami
- “Imagination is a storm of emotions that has the power to sweep citadels into the wind.” –Saim A. Cheeda
- “…the more things you know, or pretend to know, the more powerful you are. It doesn’t matter if things are true. What counts, remember, is to possess a secret.” –Umberto Eco
Short Quotes on Women's Empowerment
Here are bite-size quotations for those women who are empowered and chose to empower others:
- “The empowered woman is powerful beyond measure and beautiful beyond description.” –Steve Maraboli
- “I am powerful in my love for myself. The truth of my being is I love myself exactly as I am. I honor my empowered heart.” –Amy Leigh Mercree
- “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “If you’re one of those people who has that little voice in the back of her mind saying, ‘Maybe I could do [fill in the blank],’ don’t tell it to be quiet. Give it a little room to grow, and try to find an environment it can grow in.” – Reese Witherspoon
Short Love Quotes
What you will plant now, you will harvest later. Plant love and kindness in your life, so that you can reap it later.
These love quotes will help you see an abundance of love surrounding you.
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” -Rumi
- “Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.” –Roy T. Bennett
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” -Martin Luther King, Jr
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” -William Shakespeare
Short Quotes About Emotional Support
Everyone deserves to have someone who can bet on them with a hundred percent surety. Do you remember the time when someone believed in you when even you didn't believe in yourself? That's the kind of support each one of us should give to each other.
- “To say nothing is saying something. You must denounce things you are against or one might believe that you support things you really do not.” –Germany Kent
- “Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.” –Roy T. Bennett
- “The links connecting our past to our present are powerful and enduring in the lives of each of us.” –Pamela McLean
- “Sometimes all it takes is a little watering everyday and a sunny day to follow, that's how weeds become flowers and new dawns rise - why would it be any less then for a human life?” –Nikki Rowe
Short Quotes on Gratitude
The following quotes about gratitude can help you to appreciate the little things in life and focus on the positive.
If we cultivate an attitude of gratitude, we can learn to appreciate the beauty of the world around us, and see things from a different perspective.
- “Gratitude is one of the most powerful human emotions. Once expressed, it changes attitude, brightens outlook, and broadens our perspective. .” –Germany Kent
- “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” –Roy T. Bennett
- “Respect those who esteem your integrity, disdain those who carrying-on dishonesty against your hospitality.” –Daniel Linn Lewis
- “When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else, if you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just as grab-bag candy game.” –Toni Morrison
Short Quotes About Doing Your Best
Nothing in life is free. Absolutely nothing. You have to make an effort with complete patience and faith. In the words of Germany Kent & Shon Mehta:
- “Preparation time is necessary for your growth. Trust and believe everything you're going through is preparing you for some request you put out into the Universe.” –Germany Kent
- “Never underestimate the power of weapons. A novice with a powerful weapon is deadlier than a warrior with a stick.” –Shon Mehta
Short Quotes About Positive Thinking
Only once you begin to see it within yourself, will others see it as well.
You're worth all the positive things in life, all you need is a perspective shift in your thoughts.
- “Positive thinking is powerful thinking. If you want happiness, fulfillment, success and inner peace, start thinking you have the power to achieve those things. Focus on the bright side of life and expect positive results.” –Germany Kent
- “Action is a powerful thing. When you smile through your sadness, it can completely change your outlook. Try it! Smile :) Now hold onto that and keep choosing to smile!” –Leticia Rae
- “Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted by reality” –Bruce Lee
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Its that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?” –Marianne Williamson
- “External or unforeseen forces can either break you or make you. You decide; for they can never enter the arena of your soul; there your power lies – there your dream awaits.” –Naide P Obang
- “Be cautious not to let the negativity of people projecting their own self-doubts and insecurities on you to distract you from your goals.” –Princess Dr. Mercy Uwakwe
- “Being scared" and "not being able to do it" are two completely different things. Be clear on your choice of allowing fear to take control.” –Jennifer Ho
Short Quotes About How You Influence The World Around You
Next time you head out for dinner with a group of people, just think about what impact you leave on them or how they influence you. End a night with a thought on it. The quotes below will help you.
- “You will be influential and powerful in the field of your gift and talent” –Sunday Adelaja
- “Influence is when you are not the one talking and yet your words fill the room; when you are absent and yet your presence is felt everywhere.” –TemitOpe Ibrahim
- “Children get used to the thought of their fate depends on powerful parents deciding everything in their life” –Sunday Adelaja
- “Words - especially written ones, meant only for us - have a power to comfort, tell truths, and communicate profound emotions in a way that few things can.” –Nicholas Sparks
Use these powerful quotes and make your existence alive or make a difference in someone's life by inspiring them with one of these quotes.
Which quote is definitely for you? Which quote you are most likely to share with others?